They can only do this if they deem that your system is causing a risk to public health or is a nuisance, for example if it is leaking or overflowing. It’s very unlikely of course but it does give a strong indication as to how important it is to maintain and service your treatment plant.
Maintenance should be carried out by a specialist Company approximately every 12 months. The maintenance checks undertaken during these visits include the following:
- Visual inspection of the tank, lid, water levels inside each chamber, separating baffle (if applicable).
- System analysis of sludge storage volume, activated sludge, pH and oxygen and the concentration of clear water discharge
- System functions including all stages; charging, aeration, discharge and sludge return.
- Record run times for the compressor and step motor valves. Monitoring of the performance of the control panel.
- Visual inspection and maintenance as required to the compressor.
- Inspection of the air hoses and all connections.
We need 3 or 4 key bits of information from you in order to put forward a proposal for maintenance of your treatment plant. Please call us on 01608 661500 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a call-back so one of our team can talk to you. Following a brief conversation, we can send you a proposal for your consideration within a few hours.